Collectors Holdings, Inc.
Information We Collect: We collect personal information that varies depending on how you interact with us. Below we describe the types of personal information we may collect and the sources from which we may collect them.:
- Information you provide. We collect personal information that you provide to us when using our Services or otherwise interacting with us. This includes the following types of personal information
Information provided by others. Others may provide information to use relating to you in connection with your use of our Services.
- Account and contact information: Our Services enable you to create an account. If you do, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, login credentials, and any further account information you provide, such as (for example) preferences you set.
- Order information and transaction history: Our Services offer products and services for purchase, membership, subscription, or other transaction. We collect data about the transactions you engage in with respect to our Services. Your orders and/or transaction history will be associated with the account(s) under which you log into our Services.
- Payment or financial information: Our Services may facilitate the collection of your payment and billing information by our payment processor(s). If you provide payment method information, you authorize CU, or a credit card processor of CU’s choosing, to receive appropriate card and billing information, bill such credit card, and make such charges as applicable. We may also receive financial information from you when you request bid limit increases or other bidding or payment options.
- Information about collectibles. Our Services may enable you to send us collectibles, provide information about collectibles you own, and/or buy, sell or consign collectibles. If you do, we collect all information you provide us about such collectibles, such as (for example) a description of the collectible(s) and its condition, prior grading information, the collectible’s estimated value, and photos or images of collectibles. If you send collectibles to us, we may also record additional information in connection with receiving, grading, storing, returning, or taking any other action in respect of your collectible(s), such as taking photographs of your collectible(s), adding condition or grading information, providing verification or certification numbers or taking any other action in respect to a collectible.
- Your posts. If you create an account with us, you may join message boards or similar user fora within our Services. We collect all information you post, share, or otherwise submit or provide while using message boards or similar fora.
- Event registration and participation information: Our Services may enable you to sign up or register for events. If you do, we collect your name, contact information, and registration information.
- Job applications: If you apply for a job with us, you generally provide (a) your name and contact information, (b) all the data you provide us in connection with your application, such as your work experience, educational background, professional information (such as certifications, trainings, language abilities, etc.); and (c) any further information you provide in a CV, resume, cover letter, or letter of recommendation. We also collect information about how you use and interact with our online job portals; this is collected directly from your device and your interaction with our portal.
In general, providing the above information is optional. You can opt out of providing information to us by not entering it or not using our Services. However, not providing personal information to us may hinder our ability to provide and/or your ability to use our Services.
- Information about you or your collectibles. We may obtain information relating to you or your collectibles from third-party sources. As an example, we may use third-party sources to verify your identity and/or information about collectibles; verify existing grades, certifications, or similar prior examinations; confirm information about ownership and/or prior sales; obtain information about potential market value; determine general level of potential market interest in collectibles; determine your financial status; determine whether you have a claim relating to the loss, damage, or other event relating to a collectible; or obtain any further information relating to you or your collectibles.
- Job applicants: Where permitted by law, we may receive information from third parties relating to pre-employment screenings and tests, such as background checks if applicable, as well as from other third party providers that assist us with human resources and recruitment processes.
- Data from generally-accessible sources. We may obtain personal information and/or information about your collectibles from data providers, and/or from publicly available sources, such as online marketplaces, social media channels, or other publicly-accessible channels where you have made information about yourself available.
We may combine the information you provide to us with information that we collect through automated methods, and with information we receive from other sources. For example, when you add a method of payment to your account, we may combine your profile with information we receive from our payment processors or other providers regarding transactions made with the same payment credentials.
How We Use Information: We process personal information for the following purposes and – to the extent applicable – on the following legal bases:
- Operate, manage, and provide our business and our Services: We use personal information to operate our business and provide our Services to you and others. This includes providing the Services and all their technologies and functionality; receiving, storing, authenticating and grading collectibles; operating and/or managing collectible marketplaces and/or transactions or other interactions between collectors, dealers or other sellers, consignors or consignees, or others; evaluating and providing information about collectibles, such as actual or potential collectible prices or market values; facilitating events; enabling bidding capacity; managing relationships with our customers and prospective customers; reporting, monitoring, accounting, and other management activities; and any other activity relating to the operation of our business. The legal basis for this processing is generally our performance of a contract with you, as well as our legitimate business interests.
- Communicate with you and process your requests: We use personal information to communicate with you, including (without limitation) regarding your transactions, or via our newsletters. You can opt-out of receiving our newsletters at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any newsletter, or by emailing us as outlined in the “Contact Us” section below. We also use your information to process, evaluate, and respond to any requests or inquiries you may make. The legal bases for this processing are your consent, our performance of a contract with you, and/or our legitimate business interests, as applicable.
- Analytics, improvement, and product/service development: We may use personal information to analyze, evaluate, and improve our Services, our technologies, and our business; to develop new technologies, products, and services; learn about our users; conduct research; evaluate user engagement with our Services; and facilitate the functionality and new functionalities in our Services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate business interests.
- Marketing: We use personal information to market to you and others regarding matters that may be in your interest, including via sending you direct marketing, and/or by delivering targeted and interest-based marketing within our Services and elsewhere, each as permitted by law. You can opt-out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any such email, or by emailing us as set forth below in the “Contact Us” section. The legal basis for this processing is your consent or our legitimate interests, as applicable.
- Personalization: We may personalize the Services we offer to you or to others, including (but not limited to) by showing you content, features, or other Services provided by Collectors that we think you might like or be interested in. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate business interests.
- Protection of interests, security and integrity: Personal information may be used to protect the health, safety, welfare, rights, or interests of you, us, any third party, or the general public. It can also be used to protect the safety and integrity of our Services, troubleshoot issues, and detect and prevent errors, fraudulent activity, or other potentially wrongful, harmful, or illegal activity. The legal bases for this processing are our compliance with law, the protection of individuals’ vital interests, and the legitimate interests of us or of third parties, as applicable.
- As otherwise notified or permitted: We may also use information we collect for any other purpose notified to you or to which you consent, or which is permitted by applicable law.
How We Share Information: We may share information with third parties for any purpose described in Section 2 above (“How We Use Information”), or for any other purpose that has been notified to you or to which you have consented. This generally includes sharing information with the following categories of recipients:
- Affiliates: We may share personal information with Collectors’ affiliates.
- Service providers: We may share information with service providers and business partners who provide services to us or otherwise help us operate our business or the Services, such as (without limitation) by hosting data or our Services, helping us send newsletters, processing payments, and detecting and preventing payment and other fraud.
- Other collectors & users, or the general public: Our Services may enable you to share information about your collectibles with other collectors or the public, or to offer your collectibles for sale, such as by (a) posting information about your collectibles on our Services, and/or (b) listing collectibles for sale via a publicly-accessible marketplace. In such cases, as applicable, your information (including information you provide about your collectible(s)) may be accessible to other collectors or to the general public. Similarly, if you post about, bid on, or purchase a collectible, your information may became publicly available, and/or may be shared with the seller of the collectible. Lastly, if you participate in our user fora and/or message boards, anything you post may be viewed by other users or the public, as applicable.
- Event-related sharing: If you register for an event we organize, we may share your personal information in connection with enabling your participation in the event, such as (for instance) by sharing your name with the facility where the event is occurring. Your information may, to the extent permitted by law, be shared with other event participants.
- Compliance- and security-related transfers: We may share personal information with third parties in connection with (a) complying with, establishing, asserting, exercising, defending against, or enforcing any legal claims, legal rights, legal obligations, legal process, Collectors policies, government requests, or prudent security or business practices; (b) protecting the health, safety, welfare, rights, or interests of you, us, any third party, or the general public; or (c) protecting the safety and integrity of our Services, troubleshooting issues, and detecting and preventing errors, fraudulent activity, or other potentially wrongful, harmful, or illegal activity. This may include disclosures to other collectors, insurance companies, law enforcement, third-party owners, or others.
- As you direct: We may share information with other companies to whom you request that we share it. For instance, our Services may enable you to designate others authorized to act on your behalf; if so, we share information about you with such third parties.
- Business transactions: We may share or transfer information with another business in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets.
- Security. Collectors takes measures to secure personal information we collect. However, please note that data that is transported over an open network, such as the Internet or e-mail, may be accessible to anybody. When disclosing any personal information via an open network, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via such open networks. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons.
- Location of Services; Transfers: Collectors and the servers that provide our online Services are located in the United States. By using our online Services, you understand and agree that your personal information may be collected and stored in the United States
- Updating Your Information: You can always request to update information we hold about you by logging in to your Collectors ID account and updating your information there, or by contacting us as described below in the section titled “Contact Us.”
- Minors: Our Services are intended solely for use by persons 14 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 14, you may not use our Services.
- Your Marketing Choices: You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails or newsletters from us at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any such email, or by emailing us as set forth below in the “Contact Us” section. Please note that even if you opt out, we may still send communications to you about your transactions, any accounts you have with us, any request or inquiry you have made, or other non-marketing related matters.
- Interest-based Advertising. Our Services may work with third parties such as advertising networks to provide you with advertisements that you see as part of the Services, or on other websites or apps. These parties may use technology that can collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Services. To learn more about your ability to opt out of certain of these technologies and for other information, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative. You can also click on “Cookie Preferences” through the Osano modal to manage whether cookies on our Services can share data with third parties.
- Links to Other Sites: Our Services may contain links to other websites or platforms. These websites operate independently from us, and their privacy practices are subject to their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personally identifiable information. We are not responsible for the content of the linked websites, any use of these sites, or the privacy practices of these sites.
Your Privacy Rights: Where required by law, you may request:
- that we provide you with access to the personal data we hold about you;
- that we delete personal data about you, and/or deregister an account you have created with us;
- that we provide you or another organization with a machine-readable copy of certain personal data you provided to us;
- that we restrict our processing of personal data;
- to withdraw a consent we previously obtained from you in regards to specified data processing; and
- to object to processing of personal data that is based on our legitimate interests.
Depending on where you live, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority. We may require you to verify your identity before we process any request you make with us relating to personal data. To make any request relating to personal data, please contact us as set forth in the section below titled “Contact Us”.
- California-Specific Disclosures: California residents can click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act Notice.
- Do Not Track Signals: As of the Effective Date listed below, there is no commonly accepted response to Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers. Therefore, our Services are not designed to respond to such signals.
Calling us at 1 (800) 355-3594
Emailing us at [email protected]
Effective Date: June 28th, 2022
Our Services may use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential or Strictly Necessary Cookies: These Cookies are necessary for our Services to operate and cannot be switched off.
- Functional Cookies: These Cookies enable the Services to remember your choices and to provide features and functionalities to you.
- Analytics or Performance Cookies: These Cookies collect information about your use of the Services. They enable Us to see usage and traffic patterns on the Services, assess the performance of the Services, and improve the Services.
- Marketing or Targeting/Advertising Cookies: These Cookies are used to deliver relevant advertising to you. They may also be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement, or to help measure the effectiveness of any advertising campaigns.
The Cookies we use under each category are functional cookies, analytics or performance cookies, and marketing or targeting/advertising cookies. The details of each of these categories of cookies, including the name, provider, purpose, and duration of each type of cookie, may be reviewed in the Osano cookie management tool.